Vision Statement & Values
Our mission statement “DREAM, BELIEVE, ACHIEVE” reflects our understanding and beliefs. We aim to ensure that the children at our school are provided with high-quality learning experiences based on a broad and balanced curriculum. It promotes the spiritual, moral, cultural, mental and physical development of pupils at the school. This leads to a consistently high level of pupil achievement, preparing pupils for the challenges, opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of adult life.
At Lawn Primary School we believe that a happy child is a successful one. We are committed to providing a positive, safe and stimulating environment for children to learn, where all are valued. We intend that all children should enjoy their learning, achieve their potential and become independent life-long learners.
We believe that education should take place in a fully inclusive environment with equal opportunities for all and that all children should learn to value religious and cultural differences. Our school strives to be at the centre of the local community with positive and effective links to the wider and global communities.
As a school we value:
- the happiness of children, families and staff.
- caring staff who respect and know the children very well.
- the development of self-confidence, self-motivation and independence.
- co-operation, collaboration and teamwork.
- exciting but safe and secure spaces, indoor and outdoor, where children can explore, discover and experiment.
- the natural environment, the local community and the wider world.
- a stimulating and challenging curriculum, suited to children’s needs, enabling them to reach their full potential across all areas of learning.
- praise and celebration of the achievements of every child.
- raising aspirations and a commitment to lifelong learning.
- working in partnership with others to meet the needs of all the children and their families.
- all aspects of British life and culture; celebrating differences, diversity, core values and preparing children for life in Modern Britain.
Our school motto is ‘DREAM, BELIEVE, ACHIEVE’ and is strongly evident within the school and community, our curriculum and our personal development. Our inspiring and challenging Global Citizenship curriculum allows our pupils to question, develop as citizens, challenge, debate and grow as individuals. It encourages our pupils to understanding the value they have within society and the positive impact they can have. This encourages high aspirations, tolerance and respect. All staff have high aspirations for the pupils and take every opportunity to provide a thoughtful, well balanced social, moral, cultural, inclusive and diverse curriculum where the school, trust and British values are integral. The school’s restorative approach to behaviour and excellent support for those most vulnerable pupils through the use of a Learning Mentor, Zones or Regulation and attachment practices.
INITIATIVE, RESPECT, TEAMWORK, EMPATHY, RESPONSIBILITY, INTEGRITY
Transform Trust Values:
KINDNESS Showing empathy through being mindful of our thoughts, words and actions ensuring that everyone feels safe and loved.
EQUALITY Valuing each individual as everyone has a voice and everyone is heard.
RESPECT Accepting, celebrating and honouring our similarities and differences.
CREATIVITY Daring to be different and being brave.
- We will respect each other and our school
- We will always strive to be the best we can be
- We will listen to others and show that we are listening
- We will be kind with what we say and do to others
- We will respect the rights of others within school and the wider community
- We will build positive relationships with adults and children within school
- We will take ownership of our own learning