At Lawn Primary School, we aim to provide our pupils with a globally focussed curriculum based on knowledge, skills and attitudes that are relevant to the 21st century. Our ambitions for our children have been given careful consideration using feedback from our wider school community; including our children, school staff, governors and parents. Our aim is to prepare our children to be good global citizens with the belief that they can accomplish anything they set their minds to. During their time at Lawn, they will develop knowledge and skills that will equip them for making sense of the rapidly changing world in which they live and develop an awareness of the impact that their own actions can have on others. We aim to deliver knowledge rich and challenging topics, taught sequentially throughout both key stages, which will not only prepare our children for the future but also give them the desire to make the world a better place. Woven throughout our curriculum are our core values: responsibility, respect, empathy, initiative, teamwork and integrity.
By the time our children leave Lawn at the end of Year 6, our aim is that they will:
- Have the knowledge, skills and attitudes to think critically and creatively, and thrive in a rapidly changing world.
- Appreciate the importance of maintaining a fit and healthy body and mind.
- Feel a responsibility for not only themselves but for other people and for the future of our planet.
- Feel empowered and have ambitions and aspirations no matter what their personal circumstances.
- Respect and celebrate people for their individuality, cultures and beliefs.
- Have empathy for other people, particularly those who suffer social injustices, have a disadvantaged start in life or live with a disability.
- Have the confidence to use their initiative to take risks and be creative.
- Appreciate the importance of teamwork in successfully working towards common goals and do this with integrity and pride.
- Have the leadership skills and confidence which lay the foundation for their journey into the next phase of their lives.