For each half term topic, a well thought-through learning opportunity is provided to both contextualise and deepen learning, whilst encouraging a love of the learning. This enrichment opportunity could be a trip out or a visitor or experience in school.
In the Autumn Term the following enrichment activities related to curriculum occurred:
- FS2 Wonder Dome
- FS2 Fundamentals Festival
- Year 1 Cross Country
- Year 2 trip to Eyam as part of the history curriculum
- Year 3 visit to a Sikh Guardwara
- Year 3 Cresswell Craggs
- Year 3 visit to Pride Park as part of Linking Schools.
- Year 4 visit to a Hindu Temple
- Year 5 Open Centre
- Year 6 Shakespeare Play
- Year 6 Transform Trust Fun Run
- All KS2 classes visited Allestree Library (FS2 and KS1 to visit in the Spring or Summer Terms)
- Chance to Shine Cricket
- Whole school Internet Safety workshops/play
- Stranger Awareness sessions
- Whole school visit to the local church at Christmas
- Choir visit to perform at Park Farm Shopping Centre
In addition, sporting opportunities are provided throughout the year for all pupils; attending events, tournaments or skill based sessions with other local schools.
In Year 4 a residential gives pupils the opportunity to experience time away from home in a safe but challenging outdoor environment. This trip encourages teamwork, resilience, problem solving, initiative and empathy.....all our values here at Lawn. In Year 6, a longer residential develops pupils independence further and encourages pupils to take safe risks, have a strong growth mind-set and prepares them for being secondary ready.